The blogging industry can seem so intimidating to a newbie who is still working out how to get on the good side of the Instagram algorithm and googling what on earth ‘SEO’ means. I suppose it’s why something as humble as The Liebster Award is wonderful. I remember my first nomination, by the wonderful Anne-Sophie from City Cookie. There was a sheer sense of delight that someone read what I wrote on the internet, and wanted to include me in the blogosphere. Not every blogger sits on a throne of mighty Instagram likes!
As with any tale as old as time, no-one truly knows the original rules. Every blogger seems to have their own addition. I’m going to trust the judgement of Breanna Catharina, who nominated me and is, as her blog suggests, Too Cute for Life.
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions from your nominator
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (and tell them they’ve been nominated)
- Ask them 11 questions
- Standing at 5’1 (barely), I am as every bit as tiny as I look in the photos
- At the tender of seventeen, I decided to blog… about football
- The reason I am such a coffee snob is because I am a qualified barista
- I’m a huge fan of Marvel films, Iron Man being my favourite superhero
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur is the only book of poetry I didn’t have to force myself to read
- Although my family has Indian and Pakistani origins, I consider myself culturally British
- The first man to break my heart was Fernando Torres; with his transfer from Liverpool to Chelsea
- I am absolutely terrified of spiders, or most creepy crawlies in general
- A good pulled rib meat burger is the way to my heart
- Chris Pine was my first celebrity crush
- This one’s a secret, but I cannot decide if I love London or Paris more
- If you live in a world that was monochromatic, what colour would you want it to be?
Black. I think it’s a colour with so much depth and emotion. It’s sleek and flattering, with a certain je ne sais quoi.
- If you were in the circus, what act would you want?
Trapeze artist. I think it would be both terrifying and exciting flying through the air every night.
- What is your favourite cuisine?
Is coffee a cuisine?
- What song describes your life?
I wish it was something as poetic as Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden, whereas in reality, it’s more like Labels or Love; the song Fergie recorded for Sex and the City.
- What is something everyone loves but you don’t like?
Hauls. I can’t quite pinpoint it, but I see people do these all the time, and I just can’t understand why? Also, how do bloggers afford to do hauls so often? It’s something I just can’t see myself doing, I suppose.
- What small thing drives you crazy?
Daniel; my younger brother.
- What was your favourite year in school?
If we’re talking about the good old days, I would have to say Year Five, when I would have been ten years old. I think the highlight for me was being the only person on the playground who could tackle this one boy no-one else could.
- What do you know that you think everyone should?
Starbucks’ coffee comes from a vending machine. That’s why you can’t see what they’re doing apart from steaming the milk, they don’t want you to know all they do is press a button to get you your morning latte.
- What would you like to change about your blog?
I think my photography could do with some work. Which is why I’m selling my old camera and upgrading. Any tips are welcome as always.
- What brand would you like to work with on your blog?
It’s painfully obvious that I am a CHANEL girl, but at this moment in time I am loving Alessandro Michelle’s creative direction with Gucci. It would be such an honour to work with Gucci and create posts around the vibrant colours and bold accessories.
- What is going on in your life right now?
I hope to be a part of some branding projects, as I want to develop my marketing skills. Editorial is the ultimate goal; so I am reading more and trying to practice my writing through longer, eloquent posts. Is it working?
- What do you like most about your blog?
- How do you like to spend a Monday morning?
- Is there something that never fails to brighten your mood?
- If you could pick one fictional person to be your best friend, who would you choose?
- Where do you see your blog in five years’ time?
- Which is your favourite social media platform?
- Do you prefer holidays where you can relax, or holidays filled with activities?
- What’s your favourite opening line of a book?
- Coca Cola or Pepsi?
- Has your blogging style changed since you first started out?
- Do you believe in horoscopes?