Up until this morning, I had never heard of any kind of blogging nominations. But, fear not, because using my carefully cultivated blogger skills, I believe I have it figured out. For those of you like me who have no clue what on earth I’m talking about, I’m talking about the Liebster Award.
The Liebster Award, is for the rising stars and the newbies in the blogging world. It’s an incredibly lovely gesture, as it is a way to welcome each other to what might be considered an intimidating industry. Naturally, I consider this to be an excellent way to start the weekend, and I would like to extend a merci beaucoup to Anne-Sophie from City Cookie, who nominated me.
Now, you know the name, but do you know the rules? I have a feeling there may be some variations out there, but I am going to go with the ones outlined below.
- Say thank you and link the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the questions set by the nominator
- Nominate and link 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer
- Make sure you tell your nominees!
- What’s your favourite recipe?
I feel quite confident in saying my top-secret cupcake recipe! I have been using this for well over 10 years, and it delivers perfect cupcakes every time! As a bonus, it’s extremely adaptable to create new flavours.
- If you could learn any skill, what would it be?
One of my current obsessions is the television show Arrow. I’m very taken by the idea of learning archery. It’s doable, but I insist on being taught by Stephen Amell…
- What’s your favourite film?
Undoubtedly, The Parent Trap. I never tire of seeing Lindsay Lohan play double.
- What country do you most want to travel to?
In case my blog name isn’t obvious, normally I would say France. But, as I’m heading to Paris in 2 weeks, I’m not sure if that counts as cheating… Having spent time learning Spanish, Spain would be a lovely place to visit.
- What is the best place you have ever visited?
Without a doubt, Paris. I go there religiously, but I never tire of it. There is something magical about the French capital; you can’t help but fall in love with it. There’s a distinction about Paris.
- What is your all-time favourite beauty product?
Le Volume by Chanel is a miracle mascara. It gives me naturally full-looking lashes that I never even knew I had with one quick coat.
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
This is perhaps a little personal, and maybe doesn’t count as an accomplishment, but at this moment in time, it feels like I have done something right. My dear old Papa has been in and out of hospital, and he told my Mamma that me being there with him helped him stay strong. Reader, I cried, but I’m grateful that I did my best as a daughter.
- What is the weirdest chat up line you’ve heard someone use?
He hooked his foot around my leg and pretended to trip over. Then, he turned to me and said; “are you trying to make me fall for you?”
- What’s a book that you would recommend?
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. Not for the faint hearted, but puts life back into perspective.
- Who are your favourite bloggers?
Two that stand out to me right now are Carrie from Wish Wish Wish and Carin from Paris in Four Months.
- Share a blog post that you really enjoyed reading recently?
It has to be Anne-Sophie’s post on the Liebster Award. I love getting to know bloggers, especially ones I’m new to.
Unfortunately, as a newcomer to the blogging scene, I don’t know many bloggers with less than 200 followers. While I discover them, here are 6:
1. Tell me why you blog.
2. What’s your go-to outfit?
3. Tea or coffee or hot chocolate?
4. What’s your favourite childhood memory?
5. What do you miss most about home when you’re away?
6. What’s one thing on your Bucket List?
7. What’s your pet peeve?
8. If there was one thing you could change in the world, what would it be and why?
9. Tell me about your first crush.
10. One blog you check religiously?
11. Your favourite thing about yourself?